These are so delicious. We enjoy mexican food in our house (probably a lot more than we should). I guess it’s something about tortillas filled with hot gooey cheese topped with salsas. All I know is that mexican food is GOOD! So I tried to create something that was more on the healthy side but didn’t lack any of that great flavor. I ended up making these loaded veggie quesadillas and they were quick, easy and you would never know they were healthy.
Loaded Veggie Quesadillas
Yield 6 servings
- Non-stick cooking spray, olive oil or butter
- 12 Flour tortillas (or any other type you prefer to use)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of canned corn kernels (you can substitute fresh or frozen)
- 2 roasted green hatch chili’s (or you may substitute 1 small 6 oz can of green chili’s)
- 4 green onions sliced very thin
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- 1 ½ cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- In a large pan over medium heat lightly oil the surface of the pan.
- Lay one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle a small amount of cheese evenly over it. Add all of the veggies and top with fresh cilantro and a little bit more of the cheese.
- Cook the tortilla about 3 minutes flipping over and cooking an additional 2 -3 minutes or until the tortilla is a nice golden brown color. Repeat the process with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sour cream or salsa.